- Identify Relevant Environment: currently not available
- Check Architecture: currently not available
- Implement your Service: currently not available
- Provide your Service
4.1 Send your service to CloudSocket to be part of one of the environments: currently not available
4.2 Register your service at the marketplace to be available for workflow: currently not available
- Email to CloudSocket Coordinator: Email
Due to the typical asynchronous nature of provisioning operations and due to the extreme variations in behaviour and purpose for each solution, APIs are going to be implemented in favour of cloud broker end users. CloudSocket comprises the discovery, orchestration, deployment and execution of services in the cloud. A learning cycle improves cloud individualization over time. This means that the level of integration has to be lifted from the technical to the business level.
A variety of technologies and tools will be used and offered to enable the extension and improvement of technical or consultancy services, including the following:
- A Cloud Transformation Framework, which is seen as a consulting service that can be offered along the business process management toolkits.
- Add-on components for the business management toolkits.
- Concepts towards a standardized approach to SaaS provisioning and user management in order to simplify and improve the work of independent software vendors.
- Service composition and discovery tools to be used, e.g., inside Cloud Middleware Platforms.
- Elaboration of cloud-based APIs to handle the management of BPaaS.
To enable the managements of BPaaSes in the cloud, CloudSocket will rely on four main environments where technical contributions, in the forms of components, modules or complete environments, are expected:
BPaaS Design Environment: Maps a conceptual business process to an abstract workflow not yet allocated to become executable.
BPaaS-Allocation Environment: Concretizes an abstract workflow by taking allocation decisions about which services will be used to realize a workflow task and which software components needed will be mapped to which IaaS offerings.
BPaaS-Execution Environment: Takes care of deploying a BPaaS bundle and enabling the execution of a BPaaS. Also, responsible for monitoring the BPaaS at all possible levels (business, service and infrastructure) as well as adapting the BPaaS when needed.
BPaaS-Evaluation Environment: Evaluates KPIs and enables the production of useful knowledge through conceptual analytics and process mining, including the generation of adaptation rules, the proposition of deployment suggestions and the discrepancies between designed and executed workflows. Such knowledge will guide the evolution of a BPaaS to a more optimized form to cater for not only sustaining the service levels promised but also increasing the profits of the BPaaS owner (though e.g. billing model optimization).