Watch Demonstration Videos from End User and Broker Viewpoint here.
- Identify Research Topic
- Access Current content: Deliverables, Publications and Tools
- Email to Coordinator: Email
CloudSocket will advance the research in multi-cloud computing by attempting to manage BPaaS by considering all the respective levels involved and simultaneously attempting to bridge the business to IT gap. The most interesting research directions that are to be pursued in the course of the project are the following:
- Use & development of conceptual models, semantics-based methods and techniques to enable the mediation between business and IT level.
- Exploitation of human-oriented and machine-oriented knowledge via conceptual modelling, conceptual analytics, semantic inferencing and process mining to:
- Identify SLO violating patterns in advance.
- Discover best and worst deployments for BPaaS.
- Enable a learning curve to optimize not only the BPaaS themselves and the way they are deployed and function but also their billing models so as to increase the net gains of the CloudSocket broker.
- Mapping of business episodes to deployable solutions called Cloudlets which wrap existing services or components and can be self-adaptively deployed in multi-cloud environments.
- Semantic transformation employing concept matching techniques that address the data integration concerns inherent in the construction of workflows from heterogeneous services offered by cloud providers. Interaction between cloud services will be approached by elaborating on cloud service interfaces, wrappers and cloud service add-ons.
- Extension of existing model-driven platforms (like LiveBase) to also consider workflow and self-adaptive rule models that realize the concept of self-adaptive BPaaS bundle.
- Discovery of services at different levels of abstraction, including BPaaS, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services so as to complete the design of BPaaS by also exploiting semantic annotation and matching techniques to automate parts of the design processes, provide significant assistance to the designer as well as accelerate the development cycle of BPaaS.
- CloudSocket will expand the cloud lifecycle management functionality produced in related European projects for managing the complex orchestration of different types of services in multi-cloud scenarios.
- Exploitation of existing methods as well as developing new approaches for multi-cloud and cross-layer monitoring and adaptation.
CloudSocket will seek the cooperation with other European research project to capitalize on already established research results in order to achieve the research goals set. It will also put significant effort in promoting existing or new standards that will facilitate the transition of business processes and their management in the cloud.