« Back to FrontPage
A supply chain is "a system of organizations, people, technology, activities, information and resources involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer. Supply chain activities transform natural resources, raw materials and components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer."
- Wikipedia: Supply chain (last modified on 19 December 2012 at 04:05)
- Handfield, R.B., Blackhurst, J., Craighead, C. W. & Elkins D.: How Do Supply Chain Risks Occur? A Managerial Framework for Reducing the Impact of Disruptions to the Supply Chain. (2011).
- Sheffi, Y.: Building a Resilient Supply Chain, in: Transportations & Logistics, vol. 1, no. 8 (2005): 1-4.
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals. Glossary of Terms.
- http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=45416 (ISO International Standards for Business, Government and Society: Security management systems for supply chains)